Vivekananda College of Engineering & Technology (VCET), Puttur, is one of the reputed engineering colleges in the coastal region of Karnataka. It was established in the year 2001 by Vivekananda Vidyavardhaka Sangha Puttur (R) with the vision of providing quality technical education to the rural parts of coastal Karnataka. Presently Institute is a centre for excellence in imparting engineering education to aspiring students from all over the country. It strives hard in bringing out best academic performance from the students. The college is highly preferred in South Kanara for the following reasons:
- Vidyavardhaka Sangha the forerunner in the field of education in the coastal region of Karnataka has founded this college
- It is committed to impart high quality education by maintaining high standards of discipline, sense of duty and moral values among its students, and to inculcate faith and pride in Indian culture and tradition
- Its campus is spread over 25 acres of land.
- It offers 6 undergraduate programs and 2 post graduate programs
- It is affiliated to Vishveswra Technological University, Belagav. It is approved by AICTE, New Delhi
- The college has Accreditation from the NBA- National Board of Accreditation
- All the modern facilities required for quality education is provided with in the campus for effective academic delivery, which is highly distinct.
- It has the best IT infrastructure for academic, administrative and support systems.
- It has leased line for Internet connectivity for 24 hours, with 230 Mbps speed, WiFi connectivity, Campus Network, Group Office – mail server, Library Automation System, Computerized accounting system, SMS service and many more.
- Good Placement recorded in 2022 as many students got better package compare to previous years
- Government of Karnataka has selected this college as one of the model engineering colleges in the state
- Affordability, Accountability and Success are the mantra of the college
- BE in Computer Science & Engineering
- BE in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- BE in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- BE in Computer Science & Engineering (Data Science)
- BE in Mechanical Engineering
- BE in Civil Engineering
Post graduate Programs
- Tech (Digital Electronics & Communication Systems)
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Computer Science & Engineering (Data Science)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Humanities
- Department of Physical Education
- Management Studies(VSMS)-MBA
- Department of MCA
- At least 45% In 3 Subjects - Physics and Mathematics are compulsory along with CHEMISTRY/ COMPUTER SC./ BIO-TECHNOLOGY/ BIOLOGY/ELECTRONICS as optional subject.
- 40% in case of SC/ ST/ OBC
Candidates should have appeared for at least one of the following entrance tests:
- CET ( Could be ISEET this year)
- CET (Govt. seats - Karnataka candidates only)
- Ranking: 50% of PUC (only 3 subjects) + 50% of CET
- Allotment: Online Seat Allotment
- (50% seats of Pvt. Colleges are under CET Quota)
- COMEDK (Association of Pvt. Engg Colleges)
- COMEDK (Management seats in Pvt. colleges for Karnataka & Non-Karnataka candidates)
- Ranking: 100% of COMEDK Test
- Allotment: COMEDK Centralized Counseling at Bangalore
- (25% seats of Pvt. Colleges)
- KRLM (Association of Pvt. Minority Institutions: Tulu, Konkani, Christian, Muslim, Sikh, etc.)
- Management and NRI Seats
- Management seats in Pvt. colleges - Karnataka & Non-Karnataka candidates
- CET/ COMEDK/ AIEEE (any one is preferred)
- Allotment: Direct Counseling at College by the Management (25% seats of Pvt. Colleges)
In the admission procedure, allotment of seats and fees structure for all the seats, our College strictly adheres the order of the Government of Karnataka amended from time to time and prevalent at the date of admission. As per the order of the Government of Karnataka, the allotment and distribution of the seats are as follows:
Government Quota Seats
- 45% of the seats are filled by the Government of Karnataka through Karnataka Examination Authority Bangalore.
Management Quota Seats
- 30% Seats are filled by COMEDK through Central Counselling.
- 25% of the seats are filled by Management.
Documents (Originals) required at the time of Admission:
- 10th standard marks card for proof of date of birth -.
- 12th standard/ equivalent marks card –
- Transfer certificate from the institution last attended –
- Migration Certificate from the University/Board (Non-Karnataka students only). If not available, apply from the parent institute immediately on joining –
- Conduct Certificate from the institution last attended.
- Medical Certificate which mentions the blood group.
- Passport Size Photographs - 10 numbers.
- Caste cum Income Certificate (for CET Karnataka Students only).
- Study Certificate for CET students.
- A copy of Bank Account Details.( if availing for scholarship).
Admission for Government Quota Seats
The Government of Karnataka conducts Common Entrance Test (KCET) through Karnataka Examination Authority. This exam is a gateway to get engineering seats in Government quota. As per the KCET ranking, students can select the college at the time of CET counseling.
KEA is conducting centralized online counseling and allotments to the 45% of the Intake prescribe by AICTE, New Delhi for Undergraduate programme.KEA is also allotting additional 5% of Seats under Super Numerary Quota.Institution Kea Code: E121-- For more information: kea.kar.nic.in
Fees for Admission
Fee in Rs
85000 per year
115000 Per Year
Admission for through COMEDK (Management Quota)
COMEDK is conducting centralized counselling and allotments to the 30% of the Intake prescribe by AICTE, New Delhi for Undergraduate programme.
COMEDK CODE: E148 For information: www.comedk.org
Admission for Management Quota Seats
- Admission to Management Quota seats is based on merit and rank obtained in any of the UGCET, UGET or JEE.
- Selections will be made in accordance with the Government regulations prevailing at the time of admission.
- Successful candidates will have to get themselves admitted immediately depending on the seat availability.
- Applicants applying under Management quota are requested to read the rules & regulations carefully before filling up the application.
- After scrutiny of application form, prospective candidates will be invited for a personal counseling.
- At the time of admission all the originals and relevant documents and filled up application should be submitted.
- Final year students are eligible for Campus recruitments provided they meets the condition specified by the Company or the Training & Placement Department.
- The department strictly follows the policy of “One student, One Job Offer”.
- Candidates are however permitted to apply for an extra job with the State and Central Government sector.
- Students from core engineering streams can take a core offer in addition to the offer from Software/IT Companies.
- Off-Campus offers generated through the department will be considered as campus recruits.
Student Code of Conduct:
- Students must abide by the formal Dress Code for all placement activities.
- Direct communication of students with the company officials is prohibited.
- Attendance of shortlisted/eligible students for placement drive is mandatory.
Blacklisting grounds for students:
- Students may be blacklisted from the placement if they found involved in any act of indiscipline.
- Students giving wrong information to the placement department will be blacklisted from the placement activities.
- A disciplinary action will be taken against the shortlisted students who drop themselves from the selection process.
- Serious action will be taken on students who have been reported with misconduct by the stakeholders.
- Placement is a privilege extended to the students but not a right.
- These guidelines are framed to ensure equality and fairness of opportunity to all the students.
- Breaking of formulated rules will lead to severe disciplinary action.
- T&P Department reserves all rights to modify any of the above norms and/or stipulate additional norms for placements which, in its judgment and discretion are likely to benefit the students.
- Keeping the company’s convenience in the view, selection processes may take place in any city/town or Pool colleges including online
- The students have to make their own travel arrangements and bear the cost of attending such drives.
The college ensures proper care for every student in the hostel. Newly built modern structure with spacious rooms caters to the residential needs of the boarders staying away from their homes. The purpose of the hostel is to provide an environment that is conducive for concentrated study and cultivate a life style of discipline and co-operation.
Hot water supply through solar heaters and uninterrupted lighting system are ensured. Indoor and outdoor games, TV, reading hall, mini library and a prayer hall are also provided. Hygienically maintained kitchen offering good quality vegetarian food and spacious dining halls ensure that the boarders are well nourished. Dedicated wardens and supervisory staff along with faculty members oversee the welfare of the students.
- Modern Infrastructure and State-of-the-art Laboratories
- Disciplined and Ragging free Study Environment
- Qualified Young, qualified and Dynamic Faculty
- Well stocked and stacked Library with a digital library section and a book bank facility High speed broadband connectivity with 16 MBPS speed.
- Separate TPHE (Training, Placement, Higher Education and Entrepreneurship) Cell
- VIKAS: A comprehensive English and aptitude training from Semester I by industry experts High Academic Performance and Placement Records Continued support for extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
- VTU-Edusat and E-Vidya Programmes and Guest Lectures
- MoU with Infosys for campus Connect Programme
- MoU with EMC2 for Training on Storage Technologies
- MoU with iWave for product development and software applications
- UTLP lab in association with Wipro Technologies
- Fully wired Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Incubation Center plus innovation and consultancy cell
- Student representation in decision making bodies
- Separate hostels within the campus with vegetarian mess
- Campus housing a bank; ATM; Gymnasium; Health care and Co-operative society Group Insurance for every student (Health and Course Fee coverage)
- College bus facility from all adjoining areas.
A vast playground with 400m track for athletics is located adjacent to the college building. Further, Gymnasium and A vast playground with 400m track for athletics is located adjacent to the college building. Further, Gymnasium and Health Care units are available within the campus. Plans are underway for the construction of a Basketball Court and a Tennis Court.
Internet of Things (IoT) is an ecosystem of connected physical objects that are accessible through the internet. IoT is the mixture of hardware, software, data, and services. It covers a huge scope for industries and applications. ICIoT Lab provide end to end infrastructure which enables the students to transform their ideas into socially relevant projects. The state-of-the-art laboratory helps researchers as well as potential entrepreneurs to explore the commercial angle of their work. This lab has enabled the students to transform ideation of projects to realization of products and will also provide foundation for start-ups in future.
Transport services -3 Routes of buses are plying at different routes to pick students and drop.
Q5JM+CQQ, Vivekananda Campus,
Nehru Nagar, Puttur, Karnataka 574203
Phone: 082512 35955