The GATE test 2023 will be conducted for 29 subject papers in CBT mode. Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur organizes GATE 2023 for which registration will begin the application process from August 30 on the official website - https://gate.iitk.ac.in/.
Candidates, who wish to apply for the GATE 2023, can check the full schedule released by the IIT Kanpur, the GATE 2023 organizing institute.
- Opening Date of Online Application-August 30, 2022
- Closing Date of Regular Registration- September 30, 2022
- End of Extended Period (with Late Fee)- October 7, 2022
- GATE Admit cards for download. January 3, 2023
- Exam - February 4, 5, 11 & 12, 2023
- Candidate`s response available on-Application portal February 15, 2023
- Answer keys available on portal-February 21, 2023
- Submission of challenges by candidates on Answer Keys -February 22 to 25, 2023
- Results for GATE 2023- March 16, 2023
ll Test Papers for GATE 2023 examinations will be entire of objective type.
GATE 2023: Eligibility criteria
A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program or has already completed any government-approved degree program in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science/ Commerce/ Arts is eligible to appear for the GATE 2023 examination.
GATE 2023: Application Fees (per paper)
Gender/Category Regular Period Extended Period
Female/SC/ST/PwD Rs 850/- Rs 1350/-
Other Candidates Rs 1700/- Rs 2200/-
For 2 papers the amount fee is twice that of a single paper.
About GATE Test
- A candidate is allowed to appear for one or a maximum of two subject papers only.
- Two paper combinations have to be chosen from the given list of combinations of papers.
- The final allotment of two papers will still be subject to the availability of infrastructure and dates.
Use of GATE Score: Qualified GATE score can be used;
- For seeking admission and/or financial assistance to:
- Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science/ Commerce/ Arts; and
- (ii) Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Arts and Science, in the institutions supported by the MoE and other Government agencies.
- It is also used by some colleges and institutions for admitting students without MoE scholarship/ assistantship.
- Many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) use the GATE score in their recruitment process.
Validity Period of GATE 2023: The score will remain valid for 3 years from the date of announcement of results.