Karavali College of Pharmacy also abbreviated as KCOP is established in 2005 under the aegis of the G R Educaton Trust. It has been a nurturing ground for pharmaceutical professionals. It offers both Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate Courses in Pharmacy. It has built up a strong infrastructure, which comprises of highly qualified and knowledgeable faculty. It encourages continuous interaction with industry is maintained to ensure that the learning program remains relevant to the changing trends in pharmaceuticals. It is well connected by all means of transport for the benefits of students, staff and parents/ guardians.
Karavali College of Pharmacy is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) Bangalore, Karnataka. It is approved by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi and Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi. Its goal is to impart the Pharmaceutical Education in a way to prepare the Pharmacist for playing a key role on the Health-Care Team as the expert on drug products and their usage. The aspirants prefer this institute due the following reasons:
- Its curriculum is stronger, while examinations are conducted by Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) Bangalore
- Institute aims to provide Quality Pharmacy Education to fulfill requirement of the Pharmaceutical Industry and health needs of the Society.
- It is committed for imparting Quality education by well qualified experienced Faculty through state of art of facility and continuous monitoring individual progress.
- It provides good guidance and enabled the student to transform their dream into reality.
- It is focusing on skill development, entrepreneurship and training to our budding pharmacy professional.
- Excellent placement with attractive salaries and better ranking
- Better exchange program of faculty and students between institutions
- Doctor of Pharmacy [Pharm-D]
It is a program in Pharmacy approved by Government of India in 2008 with Pharmacy Council of India. It was developed with an objective of developing pharmacists to play an important role in patient care as members of the health care team. It is a 6 years program during which 5 years is academic session and sixth year is completely bound to internship in hospital.
- Master in Pharmacy [M Pharm]
It is a post graduate course affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- The Eligibility for admission is a B.Pharm from any recognised university of India with a minimun of 55% marks (aggregate of 4 years). For SC/ST Category-I candidates, the prescribed percentage of marks will be 50% of the maximum marks in the qualifying examinations.
- Pharmacy teachers having recognized B.Pharma qualification and with minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in an institution approved ay AICTE and PCI will be eligible provided they have scored not less than 50% of the maxinum marks (Aggregate of 4 years).
Choice of 4 disciplines
- Pharm (Pharmacology)
- Pharm (Pharmaceutics)
- Pharm (Quality Assurance)
- Pharm (Quality Assurance)
- Pharm (Pharmacy Practice)
- Bachelor in Pharmacy [B Pharm]
- The Eligibility for admission for B.Pharm is 12 th standard pass or equivalent
- Score card of KCT conducted by the KEA
- The duration of B.Pharma is of four academic years. The curricula and syllabi for the course will be prescribed from time to time by RGUHS.
- Good campus in Mangalore City with excellent infrastructure on par with International standards
- Continuous superlative performance – highest number of university ranks since inception
- Presently having students from all over India and Foreign countries
- Separate hostels for boys and girls in the campus with excellent facilities and responsible wardens
- Digital Classrooms for effective teaching and learning
- Audio visuals centralized
- 72 different Laboratories with 590 computers-centralize
- Well Stocked and Sophisticated Library with national as well as international books and journals -centralize
- Own College Buses for transport of students- centralize
- Highly Qualified and Experienced Professional Faculty
- Bank ATM, Telephone Booth & Xerox in the Campuses- centralize
- Wi-Fi enabled campus- • centralize
- Excellent linkages with relevant industries and institutions to give a practical exposure to training and placement
- Biggest Campus Placement Drive with more than 200 companies participating every year- • centralize
- 100% Placement and Result Record
- Well designed, well equipped labs and studios as per the standard of apex body Cafeteria and food court-- • centralize
- Play ground and complete facility for sports
- Public Transport system available round the clock to the campus
- Karavali Group of Colleges, Mangalore, has an exclusive Placement Department with a committed team fully dedicated to provide opportunities to the outgoing students in each and every course. The Placement Cell of the Group conducts many training session as well as placement/job melas for the students in past years.
- It takes pride in the placement and campus selection, all the students are successfully getting 100% placement in leading Pharma companies with better pay packages
- It strives to create as well as provide opportunities whenever and wherever the demand exists.
- It is geared to understand corporate requirements and develop students who are employable.
- Constant interactions with organisations from different industries and across the country ensure that the student and the Institute are always aware and knowledgeable of changing trends in the corporate world.
- Placement division assists students with recruitments and creates opportunities through projects, seminars, guest faculty from various industries, internships and any other Industry-Institute Partnership of which the students can be a part.
- It targets 100% placement for all eligible graduates and has consistently achieved this goal.