The National Testing Agency announced that the test which was canceled is rescheduled. Accordingly, CUET will be conducted from August 24 to 28, 2022 and fresh admit cards will be issued to that effect. The CUET is conducted by NTA for admission to UG courses in central universities. The test is being conducted at 489 centers in over 250 cities across India and 9 cities abroad. In the last week of July 2022, the NTA had to receive a report of sabotage in some centers. The NTA, as result, swung into action and canceled and postponed examinations in centers based on sabotage reports in the best interests of students.
NTA informed the students through email, messaging and voice mail of the changes, and extra care is being taken in this regard. Rahul Gandhi, and other opposition leaders, have lambasted the authorities over glitches in the conduct of CUET. The second phase of Undergraduate which began on Thursday, 29th, July 2022 disrupted the test and caused trouble for students who were sent back from exam centers. As a result;
- The first shift of the exam was canceled at several centers’ across 17 states,
- The second shift was canceled at all 489 canters.
- On Friday, the exam was canceled at 50 centers.
- Anticipating a similar situation on Saturday,30th July 2022, the agency canceled the CUET-UG for the day at 53 centers
- Sent messages to candidates about its postponement on Friday night.